Are you excited yet for the Colts new season? Pre-season games have already started, and we’re just weeks away from the Sept. 11 start of the regular season against the Houston Texans.
Given how much Hoosiers love sporting events and all the camaraderie they bring, we’ve decided to make it easy to find everything you need to know about the upcoming season and how to make your game day grand. Whether you plan to enjoy it from the comfort of your couch or relish the idea of a massive tailgating party, here’s what you need to know:
The Colts’ 2022 Schedule of Play
The schedule for 2022 seems pretty intense, especially given all the changes the Colts have had in their lineup over the last few years.
If you want an early look at how the teams lineup works together, you can catch the two preseason games at home on Aug. 20 and Aug. 27, which will pit the Colts against the Detroit Lions and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, respectively.
The Colts will be on the road for their first few regular games. If you’re waiting to catch a regular game in-person at the Lucas Oil Stadium, you’ll have to wait until Sept. 25 for the home opener. The full schedule (along with all known information about television viewing) is below:
- Week 1: Sept. 11 @Houston Texans 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 2: Sept. 18 @Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 3: Sept. 25 vs. Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 4: Oct. 2 vs. Tennessee Titans 1:00 PM FOX
- Week 5: Oct. 6 @Denver Broncos 8:15 PM Prime Video
- Week 6: Oct. 16 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 7: Oct. 23 @Tennesse Titans 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 8: Oct. 30 vs. Washington Commanders 4:25 PM FOX
- Week 9: Nov. 6 @New England Patriots 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 10: Nov. 13 @Las Vegas Raiders 4:05 PM CBS
- Week 11: Nov. 20 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 12: Nov. 28 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 8:15 PM ESPN
- Week 13: Dec. 4 @Dallas Cowboys 8:20 PM NBC
- Week 14: BYE WEEK
- Week 15: Dec. 17/18 @Minnesota Vikings (time/station TBD)
- Week 16: Dec. 26 vs. Los Angeles Chargers 8:15 PM ESPN
- Week 17: Jan. 1 @New York Giants 1:00 PM CBS
- Week 18: Jan. 7/8 vs. Houston Texans (time/station TBD)
Information for Families Attending Colts Games in Indy
If you’re like most folks from Indiana, football games are also family time – so here’s all the important information you should have about bringing kids to the stadium:
- Get free admission for infants and child wristbands: If your child is under two (24 months), you won’t need a ticket. (Children 25 months and over will need a regularly priced ticket.) You can also get wristbands for your children at Guest Services so that it’ll be easy for security to reunite you if you happen to get separated.
- “First Colts Game” pins and birthday pins are being offered: If you want something to commemorate your child’s (or your own) first Colts game or a special birthday celebration, stop at a Guest Services kiosk for these special pins.
- Colt’s Kids’ Club Meals are available: You don’t have to spend a fortune to keep the kids fed with this specially priced concession stand treat, featuring a hot dog, string cheese, apple slices and a drink.
- “Touchdown Town” is open: Located north of Lucas Oil Stadium on South Street, this is a free family event that’s sponsored by American Family Insurance. Touchdown Town is designed to help kids get hyped up for the game with a 40-yard dash, a play zone, face painting, live music and more. It opens 2.5 hours prior to kickoff before all home games.
- There are new giveaways: Kids 15 years of age and younger who come to the home games can get a free Colts coloring book and crayons at any Guest Services kiosk.
There’s enhanced viewing: Lucas Oil Stadium has added new content to the big screens in its stadiums, with an emphasis on more videos and player features.
What Else Should You Know Before You Go to a Colt’s Game?
You want to give yourself plenty of extra time to make your way to the stadium. There are numerous road closures within the city itself and on the interstate (mostly for construction) and traffic can get pretty heavy. Per the Colt’s website, you want to arrive downtown at least three hours before kickoff so that you have plenty of time to navigate your way to your seat in time.
Are you still a little concerned about viral contagion and close contact with other people? Lucas Oil Stadium keeps the roof and windows open when the weather permits. You can find out on the Colts’ social media sites the day of the game if that’s expected to happen so that you can dress accordingly.
On days when the roof and windows are closed, you’ll be glad to know that the stadium has hospital-grade air filters to keep the circulating air as healthy as possible.
Finally, you can now buy, sell or transfer tickets to all Colts games through their easy-to-use mobile app. In addition, if you transfer tickets to your guests at least 72 hours before the kickoff at any given game, you can win $250 in food and beverage credits. Tickets can also be bought online at Colts.com or via Ticketmaster.
Just make sure that you plan ahead and get your tickets early – because they’re already going fast – and we fully expect this season to be one of the most exciting!